An important message from Mr. Lube’s CEO
Dear valued customers
The COVID-19 situation is unprecedented in Canada. Nothing is more important to Mr. Lube than ensuring the safety of our customers, our employees, and our communities.
Recently, we have received many questions from customers. I wanted to update you on the three most frequent questions customers have been asking us.
First, many customers are wondering if our stores are still open. They have let us know that it is critical that they are able to have a reliably functioning vehicle available to them. We have heard many examples, including from essential services employees, that the current situation makes this even more important.
Our locations continue to be open. Most stores are still open 7 days a week, but you can check on mrlube.com to get the latest updates. We are providing the same drive-thru service we always have.
Second, people want to know what steps we are taking to protect our customers. Based on guidance from Health Canada and other government health agencies, to date we have:
- Implemented social distancing in our stores:
- Customers are encouraged to stay in their vehicles throughout their visit to Mr. Lube
- Customers are encouraged to keep their windows rolled up through the service (aside from brief periods such as payment)
- Greatly reduced the number of touch points between staff and customers:
- Paper invoices have been eliminated – all invoices are sent electronically
- We have stopped serving drinks, handing out newspapers or any other printed material
- We are asking customers to pay with credit or debit instead of cash
- Enhanced our cleaning and sanitizing procedures:
- Enhanced cleaning protocols have been launched and reviewed with all staff. There is a focus on high traffic and high contact areas
- Payment terminals are wiped down after every use
- Ongoing procedures for handwashing hygiene have been reinforced with all service technicians. Staff may wash their hands any time they feel it is appropriate
- Service technicians are required to wear gloves during a customer interaction.
Finally, our customers have asked what we are doing to protect Mr. Lube staff. Many of the new procedures listed above also are designed with the safety of our staff in mind. In addition, we have:
- Let staff know that if they feel uncomfortable coming into work due to COVID-19, that Mr. Lube will support them in their decision
- Clearly communicated to all staff, if they are feeling any symptoms or have encountered anyone showing symptoms, they must stay home.
- Educated staff on the symptoms and risks of COVID-19, and the steps they can take in order to protect themselves and their loved ones. This has been posted in each store for them to refer to.
- Ensured that the proper safety products and equipment are available
As a proud Canadian Company for more than 40 years, we know that in times of crisis Canadians look out for one another and pull together to overcome whatever challenges they face.
We continue to monitor this situation closely and will provide ongoing updates as needed. We also encourage our guests to stay up to date through Canada’s Public Health website.
President & CEO
Mr. Lube Canada